Hedges Family Estate CMS Red Blend 2017

You May Also Enjoy:

Borsao Zarihs Syrah 2017
Alexakis Kotsifali Syrah 2016
K Vintners Syrah Beautiful 2018
Tasting Notes

Grilled berry aromas dominate with some cocoa and spice. On the palate this is medium-plus in body with cherry notes, plums, Christmas spices and black pepper. This is a layered wine with fine tannins, supple texture and a medium-plus finish.


Tom Hedges from eastern Washington met Anne-Marie Liégeois while he was traveling in Champagne.  He was from a tech-oriented New World environment, she from a traditional Old-World home closely associated with grapes and wine.  This unlikely pairing resulted in marriage in 1976.  They worked in the produce exporting business on a global scale until an opportunity arose in 1986 that took them back to the fruit of the vine.  They started a company that exported California and Washington wine to Europe and Asia.  They also acquired land in Washington’s Red Mountain district, then relatively unknown, today quite famous.  In the beginning they worked with nègociant-style wines, sourcing fruit while waiting for their vineyards to mature.  They concentrate on Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and have considerably expanded their holdings.  Their daughter Sarah is now the winemaker, while their son Christophe is head of sales and marketing.

Grapes come from the Columbia Valley vineyards, Wooded Island, Bacchus, Sagemoor and Weinbau (all part of Sagemoor Farms), and the Red Mountain Vineyards of Hedges, Bel’ Villa, Jolet, Les Gosses and Magdalena. After alcoholic fermentation occurred, about 40% of the wine was racked to barrel where it completed malolactic fermentation and then aged for an additional 15-18 months. The other 60% completed malolactic fermentation in tank, at the end of which it was racked onto French Oak. About 60% of the oak used was French, the rest  American.


Food Pairing Suggestions

Charcuterie, Cheese, Grilled preparations, Hearty stew, Lamb, Mushrooms, Pizza, Red Meat, Roasted Root Vegetables, Slow-smoked Barbeque/BBQ Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Vegetables

Washington , Columbia Valley
Grape Varietal:
69% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Syrah/Shiraz
$18.00 each
We're sorry, this product is currently unavailable.

Reasons may be:
Sold out until next delivery. We receive deliveries weekly, so please check back.
Out of stock in New York at the moment
Going through a vintage change. We are either waiting to taste the next vintage or waiting for its arrival to the U.S.

We normally remove items completely from our website if we do not intend to carry them in the future.