Sidebar Suavignon Blanc 2019

You May Also Enjoy:

Domaine Gadais Père et Fils Muscadet Sèvre et Maine Sur Lie 2018
Quinta da Lixa Escudo Real Vinho Verde 2019
Veuve Fourny & Fils Blanc de Blancs Brut Grande Reserve Premier Cru Champagne NV
Tasting Notes

WINE INFORMATION

Sidebar is a new companion project from David Ramey & Ramey Wine Cellars focused on fun and diverse grape varieties. Apart from the dedication to deliciousness and quality, Sidebar remains distinct from Ramey in its varieties and tempo, to be considered under a different set of values. Sidebar wines are invitingly fresh and satisfying in their youth: brightness is key. These wines also play into David Ramey’s history with Sauvignon Blanc as the flagship grape. David made some of the most well-known Sauvignon Blanc in California’s history at Matanzas Creek and Chalk Hill back in the 80s and 90s.

This Sauvignon Blanc comes from the Russian River Valley, with 75% of the fruit coming from a site in the northeast part of the valley and the remaining 25% from the western edge. The vines were planted in 1997 and 2001 and grow upon beds of yolo sandy loam as well as clay loam. The grapes are harvested and whole cluster pressed, fermented with native yeast in a combination of neutral oak and stainless steel. The wine is then aged sur lies for 3 months in 48% stainless steel and 52% neutral oak.

TASTING NOTES

Aromas of lemon zest, white flowers, white peach and light tropical notes. On the palate this wine is creamy with pink grapefruit, citrus, nectarine and floral notes. It is medium in body with refreshing acidity and a long finish.

FOOD PAIRING

You can pair this white with citrus-flavored dishes such as pan-seared fish with lemon and capers, shrimp scampi or a myriad of chicken dishes.  It will partner well with fresh vegetables and salads, a variety of appetizers, cheeses and even fruit salads.

Food Pairing Suggestions

Chicken/Turkey, Fish (white), Fondue, Green Salads, Just for Cocktailing, Perfect Aperitif Wine, Shellfish, Thai or Vietnamese

Color:
White
Origin:
California
Grape Varietal:
100% Sauvignon Blanc
Price:
$27.50 each
We're sorry, this product is currently unavailable.

Reasons may be:
Sold out until next delivery. We receive deliveries weekly, so please check back.
Out of stock in New York at the moment
Going through a vintage change. We are either waiting to taste the next vintage or waiting for its arrival to the U.S.

We normally remove items completely from our website if we do not intend to carry them in the future.